Any interest in a line of Prime Landscape lenses?

Started May 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
brightcolours
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,108
Like?
Re: Whah?
In reply to pluton, May 14, 2013

pluton wrote:

brightcolours wrote:

I think you just do not have enough knowledge about lenses, and are oblivious to what diffraction is and does. Which is not bad, there are many things I do not know either. But yeah. read up on what diffraction is, and how it lowers resolution.

In real life,  photographers use f/11 and f/16 every day with superb results,

What does this have to do at all with what the OP was talking about (stating that lenses peak at f4 and he wants them to peak at f11/16)??

Anyway, landscape photographers who use f16 on FF (or APS-C) do not get "superb" results. If they feel their results are good enough, good for them. But superb they are not.

and a modest set of slow speed primes would be instantly attractive for many, but of course not all, users.

Of course. Does that have anything to do with my post? No.

My concern is that the MFT and APSC mirrorless formats will suck up all market demand for smaller equipment, so the manufacturers will be even less motivated to make small primes for FX/DX as we go forward.

I disagree. In the last two years, Canon has introduced the EF 24mm f2.8 IS USM, the EF 28mm f2.8 IS USM, the EF 35mm f2 USM and the EF 40mm f2.8 STM. That is a lot of small primes... The problem seems to be APS-C, where no wider than normal primes are being offered.

For Nikon, Voigtlander has some nice products with the 20mm f3.5 SLII, the 28mm f2.8 SLII and the 40mm f2 SLII.

-- hide signature --

-KB-

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow