Started May 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbrown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,885
Like?
How many cameras do you need?
May 14, 2013

Having been a keen photographer for many years I think most people would agree that there is a shift from DSLR to more compact bodies. However many opt for a two or even three camera systems as alternatives.

My dilemma has always been if you have two cameras and want the best IQ then you will always opt for the bigger one, which will almost certainly give you more creativity (lens option) and better performance?

I see Olympus are saying 92% of people leave their DSLR at home!

Some people are willing to sacrifice some quality when travelling but is having more than one camera only giving you a headache of which to use?

If you really want the best out of your image surely you will always choose the best camera, and that normally involves heavy body and bigger lens?

for example:

If you took a Canon 5D and say 24-70 lens and a Sony NEX 7 and 16-50, surely most of the time you would pick up the Canon? However you would probably want to take the NEX7

One day a small camera will do it, maybe if Apple started making cameras it would happen?

posted on other  threads!

Ian

Canon EOS 5D Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow