Started May 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
floyd_of_oz
Forum MemberPosts: 74
Like?
The OM-D hype...
May 14, 2013

Im feeling rather underwhelmed and slightly remorseful and feel the need to share

My 4/3 saga began with a Olympus cw7070 which was such a wonderful camera that produced amazing results and I loved it. But it got nicked and I was less ten happy with its operational speed so I replaced it with a e-500 and kit zooms, then got some better lenses like the 11-22mm but felt something slightly lacking so sold it after a while for a great price and went back to film for a few years...

then along comes the panny G1 and I jumped at it. Got a G2 for a great price so the Mrs now uses the G1....

Then the OM-D is announced and I knew it was what Ive been waiting for....so a few weeks ago I bit the bullet and bought one!

But Ive been finding the entire user experience rather lacking. The erganomics are terrible compared to the G2 and im honestly not seeing such a massive leap in IQ...sure in low light, and a slight edge in DR, but im now feeling the step in quality from the g2 was not worth the $1200 I have paid....

Has any body else here, m43 users, been unimpressed with the OM-D compared to the other models? Im feeling like a bit of a black sheep with this opinion....

Thinking ill off load the OM-D for as much as I can and grab a new lens instead....maybe the 45mm....and still have $700 in change....

Ok, rant off....

Olympus E-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow