Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chris D7k
Junior MemberPosts: 32Gear list
Like?
**********Challenge 167 Dramatic HDR**********
11 months ago

The Theme for this Challenge is: Dramatic HDR. I understand this is a “Love or Hate” subject… I love it Either way, I was surprised that in previous challenges, there were only two HDR subjects and both were titled “Natural HDR.” So, I am looking for any subject that uses multiple exposures to get the most out of a photo and stretches it to your heart’s content. I don’t want to get too picky on what does and does not qualify, but when I say “Dramatic HDR” I’m thinking it is a look you wouldn’t necessarily see in person…AKA “not-Natural HDR”J However, only the person submitting the photo will be the one to decide if it qualifies. If it is submitted, it qualifies as far as I’m concerned! It is also up to you whether you use 1, 3 or 30 exposures to create your HDR, but please indicate how many exposures and other processing info you think is applicable!

These pics are pretty much along the lines I am thinking: Feel free to post anything else you feel is "Dramatic HDR" though that isn't along these lines

Old Cars at Jawbone Flats

Sunrise on Lower Table Rock

Spencer's Butte

Tulip Festival

Windy Morning at the Tulip Festival

Any Nikon camera may be used.

Challenge will end on Monday, May 27th, 2013 at 5:00 PM Pacific Time (-8 GMP)

VERY IMPORTANT! Please reply to the FIRST (ORIGINAL) post and please RENAME THE SUBJECT TO INDICATE THE TITLE OF YOUR PHOTO ENTRY.

Post ONE image (if you post more than one image to keep the theme alive, clearly indicate which will be your entry in the challenge).

The host chooses a winner after closing. The decision of the judge (the host) is final. The judge is not eligible. The winner then chooses the next topic, runs the challenge, judges the winner and passes on the baton to that person. If the winner fails to post a new challenge within 72 hours of being declared the winner then the runner-up should post the new challenge within a further 24 hours.

Feel free to comment on other contestant's images. If you want someone to leave you some constructive criticism, put (CC) next to the title of your image.

Please embed your image in the thread.

Looking forward to all the great photos!

Chris D7k's gear list:Chris D7k's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow