Any Lightroom 4 alternatives that cost less?

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Glen Barrington
Forum ProPosts: 13,468
Like?
Re: Darktable
In reply to Henry Richardson, May 14, 2013

I used the Linux version about a month ago.  I have a strong interest in moving to Linux completely, so I have Unbutu loaded as a dual boot on my photo workstation.  It has the look and feel of Lightroom, but not anywhere close to the functionality.

Actually, as a raw processor, it isn't too bad.  It uses DC RAW which seems to be the default raw development engine for all open source and many commercial products.  It doesn't do dng, of course but the quality for my ORF files was first rate.

I found it a strange mix of advanced and primitive functionality.  I also found I had a hard time getting used to it, I didn't think its organizer functions were quite where I wanted them to be.  I didn't like it much.  BUT it IS free for the download and available for Windows, you have nothing to lose by trying it on your own.

Overall, I've reluctantly come to the conclusion, that I need to stay on Windows for a bit longer.

-- hide signature --

I still like soup. . .
Now that you've judged the quality of my typing, take a look at my photos. . .
http://www.jpgmag.com/people/glenbarrington/photos

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow