Any Lightroom 4 alternatives that cost less?

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Glen Barrington
Forum ProPosts: 13,441
Like?
Re: ACDSee Pro 6: lens profiles?
In reply to Henry Richardson, May 14, 2013

From the Help file, no formal lens profiles, as such, seem possible.  However, there are manual adjustments in the geometry section to correct for barrel and pincushion artifacts produced by many lenses.  These settings can be saved as presets and applied to many photos.  I'm not sure yet how that affects the overall workflow and if the presets are as easy to deal with.

In truth, I may not be the best judge on this one.  I never used Lightroom lens profiles much, I never felt the ones available for my Zuiko lenses made that much difference.  And making my own seemed like a lot of work, so I didn't worry about it much!

It seems that many, if not all, manual adjustments even the ones for chromatic aberration can be saved as presets.  I really liked the presets in Lightroom, the allowed me to create a consistent look and feel to a group of photos.  I'm looking forward to seeing how these presets are implemented in ACDSee.

-- hide signature --

I still like soup. . .
Now that you've judged the quality of my typing, take a look at my photos. . .
http://www.jpgmag.com/people/glenbarrington/photos

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow