Actually, I was the photographer when the Swedes... Wedding with 12-35mm

Started May 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jeanadriane
Senior MemberPosts: 1,600Gear list
Like?
Re: Very impressive
In reply to Jun2, May 14, 2013

Jun2 wrote:

Very impressed by your skills.  M4/3+ 12-35mm obviously are good enough.

Thanks a lot for your kind reaction, Jun2!

Yes, I think m43 + 12-35mm are good enough. At first I was a bit insecure, but I really didn't intend to buy a whole new kit for a kind of job that I do not at all plan to continue (I had stopped doing weddings quite a while ago already and only accepted this job because it was on my beloved Statia). Buying that 12-35mm was enough already! And I was very happy to get it second hand for a very good price from a very good friend.

For a long, long time I had been feeling my present m43 gear still couldn't match my gear from the film days: Contax+Zeiss that I used with Delta 100 en 400 pulled one stop, and my beloved Konica Hexars that I used with Kodak Portra VC 160. But since I had a series of 65 negatives drumscanned last summer for my upcoming book about Statia, I think differently. The final IQ of my GX1 + 20mm is equal to or even better than that of the Hexar + Portra, I feel. And I really, really was surprised about that. I have to confess that since this summer my need to upgrade suddenly dwindled. And using the GX1 + 12-35mm for this wedding really was a very good experience.

Cheers,

Jeanette

Jeanadriane's gear list:Jeanadriane's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow