Actually, I was the photographer when the Swedes... Wedding with 12-35mm

Started May 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jeanadriane
Senior MemberPosts: 1,615Gear list
Like?
Re: Good! Better work than 90% of all the "pros"
In reply to wootpile, May 14, 2013

wootpile wrote:

Really excellent work in a difficult setting!

The most important lesson people should take from this job though is less about the nice image quality, and more about how you managed to get all those shots and angles.

Content is king and wedding s is the nr.1 scenario where this is more true than ever.

All the tech-head "wedding shooters" can carry 10 pounds of gear and have 3 assistants but miss or botch 50% of the shots (as in angles/poses/details) you made.

Very good stuff, thanks!

THANKS for the kind words, Wootpile! Though, haha, I'm afraid I'm one of these "pros". But not a dedicated wedding photographer, just documentary/artist and doing weddings occasionally (in the past).

Every photographer has her/his own style and preferences, and for me it's not the formal aspect but the human / emotional. Documentary photographer, after all. ;)) I really loved the dedication of the two bridesmaids who were the bride's best friends. One of them also had designed and made the wedding dress. I wanted their love and friendship to show in the pics of the morning, when they were doing the bride's hair and dressing her.

In fact, the formal wedding portraits always are the hardest part for me, I'm not much into formalities. And for this wedding I really prepared seriously, exploring the possible spots, at the same light of day I would be taking the pics, studying angles and whatnot. Helps to be calm and focussed when the day is there, and it sure paid off this time.

Ciao,

Jeanette

-- hide signature --
 Jeanadriane's gear list:Jeanadriane's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow