It's Paan-o-ra-ma timmmme! Advice please?

Started May 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brentliris
Senior MemberPosts: 2,992Gear list
Like?
It's Paan-o-ra-ma timmmme! Advice please?
May 13, 2013

I love Philszuckers work with Panorama photography and have spec'd out a setup using Benro gear

B1 ball head

Benro MPU100 Quick Release L plate, for vertically oriented panorama handy for general use too.

Benero PC-1 Panorama head with PU-60 QR Plate.

Benero MPB10 Quick release Rail

All this goodness comes ina $342.

Does this sound like a good setup for use with lenses up to say 250mm?

I imagine I'll be using the K5 with  DA 21, FA 43 and DA 70 and a m200 F4 to get a variety of FOV.. Often when I'm in city squares in europe if I'm standing in the middle of the square something like the DA 21 would be perfect.

On the other hand taking panoramas  in the Canadain Rockies seen from the prairies in southern alberta something like the M 200 F4 or maybe a coming aquiscition like the DA* 50-250 would be appropriate for the reach..

Then there's close range panaorams of high narrow buildings, or murals either a 15,21,43mm would do the job..

So the aboved spec'd setup could easily handle the longer lenses and perhaps overkill for the DA 21 or DA 70...

My 1400 gram Gizto 1830 tripod might be a little on the light side for this setup but I would compromise by not extending the central column, eventually I will likely upgrade to a beefier tripod with a high profile.

Anybody into panoramas and tried the Benro stuff ? I want budget but decent quality, as there's losts to explore in photography so it's a broad based setup I'm building so everything can't be the most expensive solution..

Is it worth it to get the B1 ball head unglued so you can connect the Panorama head mounted directly  to it  instead of to the ball head own mounting plate?

Thanks in advance for any help!

-- hide signature --

Reflections, understandings, discoveries and intimations..

Brentliris's gear list:Brentliris's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K200D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +4 more
Pentax K-5 Pentax Optio M20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow