Started May 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Robin Casady
Forum ProPosts: 11,664
Like?
Re: Normal shutter count on new D600?
In reply to MisfiTTTTTT, May 13, 2013

MisfiTTTTTT wrote:

Hi Robin,

The store I bought it from said that the fact Language and Time had been set was an indicator that it been opened and used before. Certainly that's been my experience of buying new Nikon cameras in the past.

Are you in the USA? It probably differs in other countries. My D700 and D800E were both set to English when I got them.

I agree that the rejects don't provide much use for the manufacturer.

Defective cameras should be refurbished by the mfg., but in the USA, not all returns are defective.

However if I buy something new I expect something new. If the item is used it adds doubts to the purchase...

Do you have the right to return a Nikon without cause? You do have that right at many stores in the USA. If your spouse is angry that you spent so much money, you can return it. If you find it is to complicated for you, you can return it. If you don't like how big it is, you can return it. If you think someone sneezed on it, you can return it. Who eats those cameras? Nikon doesn't and the store doesn't. They either go back out to customers until someone keeps it. Or, they get refurbished.

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
— Bertrand Russell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow