Normal shutter count on new D600?

Started May 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alan Brown
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,668Gear list
Like?
Wow!
In reply to opusone, May 13, 2013

opusone wrote:

In a private email response I got to this question from Thom: "Maybe, but unlikely. More likely is that it was at the store, brought out for someone to try, they made a few shots, they didn't buy it and it was reboxed. That's pretty common, much like test driving cars is. At 120 shots or so I wouldn't worry about it." -- Thom Hogan, writer/photographer

I've heard this from others. I've also heard from others that it is never done. And I've seen both answers in these forums.

I'm sending it back and will NOT buy another D600. Why wait for 1k-3k shots as others have reported to find out I've got an oiler/dust bucket? Will it go bad on me in the middle of a shooting trip? On Bali? In Greece? Then what?

After five Nikon bodies without a hitch or a glitch, and 20 years of buying gear from B&H...no more.

Unless I decide to pop for the D800 and more computer, I'll just stick with my D700.

It could very well be my last Nikon.

What a strange reaction from unrelated issues;

you get a reply from Thom that essentially says regarding a low shutter count; 'I wouldn't worry about it' and now you are worried about oil/dust.

you never considered this before asking him about shutter count?

curious

-- hide signature --

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.' :'!':

Alan Brown's gear list:Alan Brown's gear list
Nikon 1 J2 Nikon D600 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow