Normal shutter count on new D600?

Started May 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
coronawithlime
Senior MemberPosts: 2,011Gear list
Like?
Re: New cars...
In reply to PHXAZCRAIG, May 13, 2013

PHXAZCRAIG wrote:

... don't come with 0 miles on them.   It's considered normal for people to do test drives, and the car is still new with a few hundred miles on it.

Just saying that cameras could be thought of the same way.   Sort of like New is when the warranty period begins.

-- hide signature --

Craig
www.cjcphoto.net

The reason many people have trouble with this point of view, I suspect, is that with a car there's little likelihood of it having been shipped to somebody who doesn't know what he's doing, fiddled with until something sustains damage, and then returned with the hope the camera store doesn't catch it.

I agree that in all likelihood you are perfectly correct and there will never be a problem, it's just not a comfortable sort of feeling.  I would prefer not purchase a camera this way and suspect many people feel the same.

-- hide signature --

One day long ago, a sorcerer and a warrior did battle, as such things were commonplace in that age. Sometimes the sorcerer won, and the sum value of human abilities was improved some trifling amount. Sometimes the warrior won, and again the human race improved by some insignificant amount, for a sorcerer who can't defeat one miserable warrior is a poor sorcerer indeed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow