Started May 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HansN46
Contributing MemberPosts: 628Gear list
Like?
Did I wreck my flash?
May 13, 2013

I put the batteries in my Metz 36 AF-5 the wrong way around. From that moment my flash doesn't work properly anymore on my two bodies (Nikon D5100 and D50). It seems it only flashes with maximum output and it doesn't synchronise shutter speed properly.

I read in the manual that putting the batteries the opposite way can harm the flash. So I guess I wrecked it.

I have two questions:

-Does anyone know if it's possible to repair it yourself? (Sending in is out of question for a flash of € 70, I assume. Although it's still within the warranty, but I did it wrong myself.)

-Could it be possible have done any harm to the electrical circuit of the hot shoe? (Both bodies function properly without flash and with the built-in flash, but it might have been affected the circuit nevertheless.)

Any experience/knowledge available? Thanx for response.

H.

-- hide signature --

It's a great art to make one real pro-image with any cam; it's very common to make many average images with a pro-cam!

HansN46's gear list:HansN46's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +7 more
Nikon D50 Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow