What about this grouping for Nikon DSLR forums?

Started May 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alan Brown
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,900Gear list
Like?
Re: What about this grouping for Nikon DSLR forums?
In reply to KevL, May 13, 2013

KevL wrote:

PHXAZCRAIG wrote:

While I suspect it won't work, and won't be done, I can certainly see the point.

This forum used to be far more technically astute in years past.   Certainly at a higher level than I typically can contribute.   Then the D700 came out, and I could see the level of expertise dropping.    Now the D600 is out, and the level has dropped again, and does at times seem more like a D70-D90 forum than a D1-D3 forum.

I see a pretty simple correlation.  When the price of the cameras in the forum dropped to $3000, a lot of 'strong amatuers' and fair amount of 'wealthy hobbiests' started posting, as opposed to the mostly pros previously contributing.   And some of those pros stopped visiting.

-- hide signature --

Craig
www.cjcphoto.net

Obviously fora should be stratified according to price of camera. $3000 and above, $2999 and below. That should make most people happy.

-- hide signature --

Kevin

I can see people saying I paid over the odds ($3000) for their D3200. 

Saying that.. no one except a single digit D* owner could join.. even a D800 I under $2800 on Nikon USA site!.. (sound of wind rushing through empty streets)

-- hide signature --

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.' :'!':

Alan Brown's gear list:Alan Brown's gear list
Nikon 1 J2 Nikon D610 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow