On putting money into 4:3 gear ...

Started May 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,032Gear list
Like?
Begging the Question
In reply to veroman, May 13, 2013

Most people who say they wouldn't invest a penny into 4/3rds right now are functioning on what I believe to be fallacies of logic.  They assume that no one wants to upgrade to anything less than the current best (not matter how huge a jump up it would be say from an E-510 to an E-30). They assume that everyone buys new. Also they seem to believe that a camera is not good anymore after a new camera comes along that feels newer. They also neglect the great prices of 4/3rds gear right now, the specific needs it might meet, and that Olympus has repeatedly said straight out that there will be a body for 4/3rds glass. Of course they seem to believe that their individual desires represent what everyone wants, and that every purchase needs to be future proof. And finally, there is a sentiment of "get out now while you still can." While there is nothing wrong with changing systems now, neither is there any real disadvantage with changing systems later if you want to.

There are names for all of these lines of thinking I'm sure. Red Herring, Begging the Question, Perfectionist fallacy, Composition fallacy....  But I'm just learning the names.

Cheers,

Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
+1New
skeys MOD
Say,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow