pocketwizard flex and the sekonic

Started Aug 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
hirejn
Regular MemberPosts: 317Gear list
Like?
Re: pocketwizard flex and the sekonic
In reply to NCHinote, May 13, 2013

My simple question is will the RT 32 fire my flash units on these pocket wizards in order to allow me to meter the flash light?

Yes, the light meter with the radio will fire the flashes. To read TTL flash, you need the RT-32CTL model. Otherwise you'll be able to meter only manual flash. Note that you won't be able to adjust flash power with the L-358. You need another device for that. You'll have to read the meter manual and possibly the PW manual to figure out how to set the radio to match the PW channel. Once the channels match, you can fire them with the meter.

It'd be easier, and a bit more expensive, to go with the L-478DR, which has a nice touch screen and the radio built in. The 478 enables you to adjust flash power from the meter. It's not as slick as the AC3, which is built just for that purpose, but it's a nice meter. Either the 358 or the 478 are probably the most used for studio and portrait work.

-- hide signature --

Joel Nisleit Photography
A camera or lens can't take good or bad photos any more than a brush and canvas can paint themselves a masterpiece.

hirejn's gear list:hirejn's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D100 Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow