"I'm not sure I get it" - no I don't believe you do

Started May 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
jim stirling
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,181Gear list
Like?
Re: Thom runs a website, Olympus runs a company.
In reply to g_r_w, May 13, 2013

g_r_w wrote:

jim stirling wrote:

My last half  dozen DSLR cameras have had 1/8000th of a sec shutters and from tens of thousands of frames I have never used it

There only seem to be a dozen cameras that have 1/8000 of a second shutters, over half are $2,500+ body only and then 3 of those are probably $10k+.

Well my recent DSLR cameras have all been Nikon D70, Nikon D2x Nikon D300s,D700, D800, D3s,D3x  all have 1/8000th  my point was not the cost of the feature  but the  usefulness of it to me

So it puts the EP-5 in elite company (it also means you have expensive taste unless you're buying on the cheap end!!).

The D7100 with a larger better sensor with better C-AF than any mFT body is  around $1100 or $ 100 more than the E-P5 body only  ( no EVF ) so not such a price difference , If you only want a sensor that is a little better then you can have the D7000 for  under $900 with 1/8000th shutter. I am not so familair with Canon but if I recall ( always a gamble ) even models as far back as the 40D had a 1/8000th shutter speed

I have to say that I use ND filters quite frequently, but probably more than a stop (or 2 stops if you add "low" iso").

It would be nice to have a little more leeway without having to carry them around all the time.

I also use ND but mainly for video sip not an issue , I am not suggesting that though I do not need or usea1/8000th  shutter  speed that others will find it very useful.I live in Scotland so my problem is more commonly wishing  for extra light  not dealing with excess amounts lol

Jim

jim stirling's gear list:jim stirling's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony Alpha 7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon D810 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow