BirgerH
Senior MemberPosts: 1,102Gear list
Like?
Re: Different values, different cultures
In reply to PepsiCan, May 13, 2013

PepsiCan wrote:

BirgerH wrote:

blue_cheese wrote:

I think that you are over generalizing, it is one think having random people in the picture for purposes of setting a scene/setting, there is nothing wrong with having a picture at the beach with people in it. It is not about that, it is about having these people purposefully framed in a way that is well... open to some very questionable interpretation.

Common courtesy should dictate when a permission should be asked, just as common sense should tell you when a picture is in appropriate.

In the case where the above fail, laws come into place. Hopefully we don't get to a point where society degenerates to a level where the current laws are changed.... for something as ridiculous as taking a picture in a public place. What everyone is saying is that the OP is not helping the case and it is people like that that bring out sensitivities where normally should be none.

Thanks.

I think, it's better explained here,  than my English would allow me to.

BirgerH

Right...so, because what the OP does, does not agree with your value system and with the customs of your culture, he should stop? Ok...

Oh, no, its not my culture - my culture allows a lot more than that - I think it's my age. I do not agree, that you can do what ever you like, just because you can - and that it is not forbidden. You have to show respect, in my opinion.

Thats not always how it is on the Internet. I like the Internet - but it moves the rules of respectabillity.

And I do not demand anyone to stop doing what ever they like, but I do disguss it, if I like. And I do disagree, if I like.

And yes - I am from a time, where we learned to respect other peoples right, womens too - that makes me a dinosouar.

Perhaps you should stop trying to force your values upon others. It might be acceptable in the location where the OP took the pictures.

I haven't forced any values to anybody, I have told you mine. Just like you are telling me yours!!

BirgerH.

BirgerH's gear list:BirgerH's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
#14New
manyNew
why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow