Canon Digital Lens Optimizer (DLO)

Started May 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
MisterPootieCat
Senior MemberPosts: 2,981Gear list
Like?
Re: DLO only available with RAW via DPP.
In reply to meland, May 13, 2013

One last time, we don't know how Canon produces the DLO modules. If they actually take lenses into a lab and test them then I would say they're just as good or better than anything else available. But if the modules are based on mathematical models then I'd have to give DxO or any other software provider doing actual lab tests the edge.

Lenses aren't necessarily rocket science once built, and actual manufacturing doesn't always achieve the performance of the mathematical model. I don't have an ax to grind with Canon, I'm glad they've started providing this handy and quite capable feature in a program I've used for years. I've been using the DLO module on some older shots taken with my EF-S 17-85 to improve detail in the corners and think it does a very nice job. And a search would show I was an early adopter of the DLO feature.

I'm hoping Canon will provide DLO support for the 28/1.8, 50/1.4, 50/1.8, 85/1.8, and 100/2.8 macro soon.

MisterPootieCat's gear list:MisterPootieCat's gear list
Canon PowerShot S2 IS Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G10 Minolta DiMAGE Z1 Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z2 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow