Camera Stores going Extinct?

Started May 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
bobgeorge
Contributing MemberPosts: 587Gear list
Like?
Re: Camera Stores going Extinct?
In reply to Guidenet, May 13, 2013

Guidenet wrote:

What I dislike the most in some folks is how they hurt their Karma by making use of the hometown store for help and information, then order online or from some big box store like Costco or Best Buy. Their making use of the service without helping to pay for it. I say, if you intend to buy online, stay the heck out of the ma and pa stores. Don't rationalize by saying you are giving them a chance. You're not. They can't compete directly with their overhead which includes talking to you. Also, when you figure in shipping and whatnot, the price isn't that much higher in most cases.

I think a lot of companies (e.g. Best Buy, Golfsmith, etc) have the problem of people just 'window shopping' items in there stores then buying online.  Sadly, with the economy everyone is trying to save a buck.  I doubt if the practice will end anytime soon.

As an example, Amazon basically put most brick and mortar bookstores out of business :[

-- hide signature --

BobGeorge
--------------
Nikon D600
Nkon 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
Tamron SP 90MM F/2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro

bobgeorge's gear list:bobgeorge's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow