Any Lightroom 4 alternatives that cost less?

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
T Evergreen
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
Re: Any Lightroom 4 alternatives that cost less?
In reply to JudyN, May 13, 2013

I had no problems buying Lightroom 4 from SnaggStuff.  I did have some reservations given the price, but got the license key the same day after paying and the activation code allowed me to register the product with Adobe.

Regarding After Shop Pro, despite all the clamor on the Corel forum about the development team being fired,  Corel not fixing bugs, etc., the latest update was issued April 4, 2013, so it's clear that Corel hasn't abandoned ASP.  At $60, it's quite good especially when you add all the free plugins available at http://aftershotpro.com/plugins/  You can always download the trial version, add the plugins, and give it a spin.  It seems they're always running specials on ASP, so you likely can get it for less than the current $60 price.  If you already have Lightroom (or Paint Shop Pro), you qualify for the upgrade price of $50.

There is weakness in highlight recovery compares to LR4 as has been mentioned, even though the latest update claims to improve that capability.  Also, LR4 beats it hands down regarding removing purple fringing which can be problematic when using legacy lenses.  On the other hand, ASP has Auto Levels and Perfectly Clear, so you have a nice starting point in raw development.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow