Samsung 45mm f/1.8 Review (2d)

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tjalpics
Regular MemberPosts: 158
Like?
Re: 45mm on NX10/NX11 ?
In reply to Usee, May 13, 2013

You may be right, Usee and de_klaas. After I received the email I visited samsung.com again to see about other lenses. According to the site's compatibility check the 20-50, 60 and 85 mm are not compatible with the NX10 and NX11 either. Which is nonsense of course, because the 20-50 and the 85 mm firmware updates are on samsung.com's NX11 download page. That's quite contradictory.

Probably they want to 'urge' their customers to buy newer products/cameras. On the other hand, it could be that Samsung can't and won't garantee the newer lenses perform as stated on the older bodies and softwares/firmwares. Your NX1000 is about 2 years younger than my NX10.

The problem is, here in Holland you can't just order a product and send it back only because you don't like it (like on Amazon U.S.). Once you unpack and try it, they won't take it back unless it's faulty. So I'll be screwed if it really doesn't work on my NX10 (NX11mod), because Samsung told me so upfront.

So if there's anybody out there with a NX10 or NX11 body that wants to try the 45mm out for me, I'd be very thankful.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow