600RT Flash bug in new Canon 5DIII firmware.

Started May 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
MASTERPPA
Contributing MemberPosts: 855
Like?
Re: 600RT Flash bug in new Canon 5DIII firmware.
In reply to David Hull, May 13, 2013

Yea, center only. Since the IR changes, it may only do it with center, but never tried it.  I may video we testing it at some point tomorrow after I talk to Canon. I do see how it can be missed on SOME testing. I was in PURE DARKNESS last night, and ever shot needed the IR to focus.

Who knows. There maybe some other stupid setting that I have on camera that makes it happen.  I am going to try putting on the color filter, and change the flash to evaluate, instead of average, etc.

I DID reset both flashes to DEFAULT and it did NOT help. The flash acts like the batteries are not recharged, BUT, it also does it on the 1st shot sometimes, (the flash was NOT sleeping, it had been 20-30 secs since the last shot, and the flash LCD was STILL ON)

I'll try to find a bit of time to try this.  I did some initial testing with the hew FW and I never noticed it not firing but I didn't fire a lot of shots like that.  I did notice that it changes its red pattern depending on how the AF point is set.  What AF point setup do you have selected (CP, I presume?).

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow