Third party LP-E6 batteries for Canon 5D Mark III and firmware 1.2.1

Started May 8, 2013 | Questions thread
Don Ellis
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,738
Like?
Re: Third party LP-E6 batteries for Canon 5D Mark III and firmware 1.2.1
In reply to Don Ellis, May 13, 2013

Don Ellis wrote:

I have one original and three Phottix equivalents. When I upgraded to 1.2.1, I got a message saying "Communication with right Canon LP-E6 battery is irregular. Continue to use this battery?"

I removed the two batteries from the grip, swapped left with right, started the camera again and got the same message -- so it's not specifically the right battery. I said yes I wanted to continue and everything has been fine, including the battery level display in the top display panel.

I just checked it again and it seems as though I'm going to be asked this question every time I start the camera, which would be a nuisance except that I never turn the camera off unless it's to remove the batteries to recharge them. But if you routinely shut your camera down and turn it back on for shooting, this would be a distraction and certainly could result in your missing some shots.

To follow up on my post, I thought I was being conscientious in checking the battery message a second time, but I made the assumption that I would continue getting the "Communication ..." message in the future -- hence my post above.

I've been pleased to learn that is is not true ... I am no longer asked about communication, the Phottix batteries work fine, and the battery level readout registers as it should.

Don

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow