6D vs 7D --- Image Quality (there's no comparison)

Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Senior MemberPosts: 9,479Gear list
Like?
Re: 6D vs 7D --- Image Quality (there's no comparison)
In reply to Sherwin V Ubaldo, May 13, 2013

Sherwin V Ubaldo wrote:

I have to agree with the image quality is really no comparison 6D is way better...  to each its own between the two imho.
To totally trash the 6D for its handling that is a big bull! You have to own one and try longer than a day to admire its weight and and size. I have shot with it on a full wedding coverage. I can go on and on with the weight of the 6D. I own both 7D and now the 6D... I can tell you that the 6D's center focus point is no slouch and I find it more accurate than the 7D given the low light in wedding churches here in the Philippines. The outer points is a different story though; but I am used to using center point from my 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D and even 300D, 350D, 400D, 5Dc, 5DII previous bodies. All lenses are MA'd btw between the 7D and the 6D.

I only experienced in short time with 6D in pdn PhotoPlus show in last Oct in NYC Javits Center.  Its button layout is very similar to 60D that I own.  I actually prefer single-purpose top buttons as it's what I only needed as I only shoot in RAW. I do feel miss with big rear dial wheel but I could get used to 8-direction pad (Nikon also uses moving pad) for AF selection on 9-pt 60D AF.  If you only use center AF pt in 6D, then it's even not a big deal.  6D small/light body is the selling point.  Eventually I'd interest in future 6D II or III camera with all cross-pt and better with an articulated LCD to complement to 1DX (that I intend to buy a used copy then, and will sell 5D3 of course).

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow