Samsung 45mm f/1.8 Review (2d)

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Timmbits
Contributing MemberPosts: 568Gear list
Like?
Re: Focus speed on NX10/NX11 ?
In reply to Tjalpics, May 13, 2013

Tjalpics wrote:

I have the NX10 with the latest NX11 firmwares, but in the NX11 lens firmware folder there's no mention of the 45mm. Do you know if the NX10/11 is compatible with the 45mm (2d version)?

And since the NX10's sensor is of a much older generation, would the AF be much slower?

I don't think it matters under what camera they classify the lens firmware, as I suspect it's the actual lens you're updating, not a part of your camera, when you implement a lens update.  Perhaps you'd like to chat with Samsung tech support... but if it were me, I'd just grab the firmware update from wherever, and attempt the update.

As far as speed is concerned, I suspect that the ratio of one lens' speed as compared to another is maintained, only that some NX cameras compress that time more than others.

Timmbits's gear list:Timmbits's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 45mm F1.8 Samyang Reflex 300mm f/6.3 ED UMC CS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow