ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeanadriane
Senior MemberPosts: 1,589Gear list
Like?
Actually, I was the photographer when the Swedes... Wedding with 12-35mm
May 13, 2013

Hi everybody,

It's been quite a while since I was active in this forum. Travelling got in the way, more specifically staying in a tiny Caribbean island where internet only recently got upgraded to a whopping 2Mb/sec. Max, that is - the average is half at best.

However, I did a wedding here! And actually, Anders, 't was me who was the wedding photographers when the Swedes tied the knot! Young Swedes who initially came here as volunteers, then landed in jobs, and now are starting a family.

I used to do weddings in a previous era, with Contax SLR's + Zeiss lenses, and later with the Nikon D70 + kitzoom. Now m43 is my only gear, and of course I was a little bit nervous about how it would work out. Well, it worked fine to me! I had bought the 12-35mm for the occasion and used it for all pics. What a joy to work with that lens! Excellent sharpness & colour rendering, good FLs, that essential f2.8 option, plus being able to stop down a little for better IQ and still stay at f4.5. To my surprise I made much more use of the 12mm than I'd ever thought I would. I never was much of a 24mm-gal, but now it often was exactly what I needed.

The circumstances were, uhm, interesting The wedding ceremony was held at the end of the afternoon in the roofless ruin of a 18th century church. Slanting but strong tropical sunlight, the proverbial extremes of bridal white and groomy black taken to a next level of DR-challenges by stark shadows and blindingly sunlit patches and walls. And hardly any room to move and find better vantage points and angles, for people were standing in the way everywhere. Over shoulders and between moving elbows my camera was peeping while the newly weds put the rings on eachother's fingers, tenderly wrapping full hands around the beloved fingers.

Please see the nest post for the remainder of this post...

Ciao, Jeanette

-- hide signature --
 Jeanadriane's gear list:Jeanadriane's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +3 more
Nikon D70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow