6D vs 7D --- Image Quality (there's no comparison)

Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,801Gear list
Like?
Re: 6D vs 7D --- Image Quality (there's no comparison)
In reply to mariadc, May 13, 2013

I keep trying to like the 6D, because of its low-light abilities, but the positions of its controls are just too frustratingly different from the 5D- and 7D-series, and in low light, I need to be able to operate the controls by feel. At this point in time, I am figuring on either saving longer for a 5D Mark III, or waiting to see if the 7D Mark II or 5D Mark IV will offer the low-light AF ability of the 6D, or even opting for "none of the above." (It is not a matter of "jumping ship," as I am already shooting with both Canon and Nikon cameras, though my Nikon F6 is a film SLR.)

I handled a 6D at an electronics store just last evening, to try the controls once again. I shoot in low light at work, evidentiary photography, primarily with a pair of 7D cameras, and adjust my ISO regularly. Why must Canon arrange the buttons and dials differently on the 6D, compared to the current-generation 5D and 7D? Sometimes, I have to hurry along, such as when fellow emergency workers are blocking a major roadway, at considerable personal risk, so the ability to work the controls reflexively is important.

I can perform my job with APS-C or FF DSLR cameras, so it would be nice if some of the 6D's low-light AF ability will "trickle down" into the 7D Mark II, as it will probably appear on the market well before the next 5D model.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +26 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow