I will buy the lens you recommend! 24-hourpoll! Minolta BBC vs Sony 55-300!

Started May 12, 2013 | Questions thread
Setter Dog
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,755
Like?
Re: I will buy the lens you recommend! 24-hourpoll! Minolta BBC vs Sony 55-300!
In reply to andycincy, May 12, 2013

Not a vote,...but an observation and thought to consider. I've used the Sigma 18-250mm OS (old model that did have IS), and now use the Sigma 18-250mm Macro OS (new model). It's lighter, shorter and handier overall. I also use the Sigma 70-300mm and the Sony 18-135. I've tried all of these at kids' Little League games, grandkids around the house, quail in my back yard, etc. I like both lenses and use them in the National Parks, etc.

The lens that usually stays on my a57 is the new Sigma 18-250mm. I can only have one lens attached at a time and the frequent need for wider angle makes this a better choice, for me, than anything starting at 55-70mm. If I couldn't use the 18-250 Sigma, I'd go to the Sony 18-135. It's a great lens and surprisingly long enough for most things.

Before you write the check, have a look at the user ratings of your choices on Dyxum.

I like the way you're going at this. I think you will get some good suggestions.

Jack

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow