ClearView vs. VF-2

Started May 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
James Pilcher
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,613Gear list
Like?
obvious differences and one big ClearView advantage
In reply to BobT, May 12, 2013

BobT wrote:

Can anyone comment on the differences between these 2 different viewfinders.  I know the specs of each, so no need to tell me what they are or how they work.  I'm more interested to know if the VF-2 is 2X or 3X times better in what it does than the ClearView: as the cost differenses are about that much. For use on the E-PL2.  Thanks.

ClearView is for those folks who refuse to purchase or cannot afford a proper EVF. As a viewfinder solution, it is makeshift at best. Admittedly, it offers an advantage over  the raw camera experience, but it cannot compete with a dedicated EVF.

One advantage that ClearView has is that it tends to work with any camera, not just a single one. If you have multiple cameras which you use the rear LCD for composition, the ClearView is a flexible and inexpensive add-on for all of them.

Me? I have two cameras (Olympus E-PL5, Lumix LX7) that accept external viewfinders, and I purchased one for each camera. It is so essential to me that I consider an EVF as part of my initial purchase/cost considerations.

Jim Pilcher
Summit County, Colorado, USA

James Pilcher's gear list:James Pilcher's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow