Why are my printed photos dark and professional photos from my computer are not

Started May 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Victor Engel
Forum ProPosts: 15,235Gear list
Like?
Re: calibrated screen
In reply to RedFox88, May 12, 2013

RedFox88 wrote:

This sounds like your screen is not calibrated.  If you are doing "edits" to photos and they turn out dark, that likely means your screen is set to be overly bright and over contrasty which makes your 'edits' to them actually make the images darker because they are bring displayed brighter than they actually are on your screen.  Get that?

She did mention the screen was calibrated. She also mentioned that her did edits not only to her own photos but also to the professional photos. If what you're saying is right, then I'd expect the professional photos to print out poorly, too, after editing.

If my idea is right, then opening up a photo that printed poorly and selecting assign to profile when switching to sRGB, the result should look just like the too-dark print.

-- hide signature --

Victor Engel

Victor Engel's gear list:Victor Engel's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow