Started May 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SimonOL
Contributing MemberPosts: 871Gear list
Like?
Another UK woodland walk with NEX-7
May 12, 2013

Didn't have much time (again), but this time not due to fading light. Cloud and rain was approaching and I wanted to get home to watch the Formula One GP

Light wasn't ideal as it was around midday so the sun was high in the sky. It was quite breezy so close up shots were a bit hit and miss with the subjects moving about.

I picked up another Yashica ML lens during the week - a 50mm f/2 (for £8.94 inc delivery) so I took that along with my 28mm f/2.8. All shots were handheld. I rarely stop these lenses down as there's no need most of the time.

First impressions of the 50mm f/2 is that it is not as sharp as the 28mm or 35mm ML lenses but bokeh is really swirly which is an effect I really like - not had a chance to really experiment with it yet.

Here are a few shots - hope you like them! They're all large files for the pixel peepers.

Comments and critique welcome.

Beech tree leaves with the 50mm

Copper Beech Tree leaves with the 50mm

Bluebells with the 50mm

More bluebells with the 28mm

Path through the trees - 28mm again

View from the edge of the woods - 28mm wide open at f/2.8

SimonOL's gear list:SimonOL's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +3 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow