I will buy the lens you recommend! 24-hourpoll! Minolta BBC vs Sony 55-300!

Started May 12, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
andycincy
Forum MemberPosts: 72
Like?
I will buy the lens you recommend! 24-hourpoll! Minolta BBC vs Sony 55-300!
May 12, 2013

I just bought an a57 with sony 18-135, and I am replacing the 18-135 with two lenses. I just ordered the Tamron 17-50 2.8, and need to choose between one of two zoom lenses. The zoom will be used for pictures and videos of my kids doing sports and school concerts where the 135 just didn't have quite the reach.

I would like your recommendations on which of these two lenses to buy:

Minolta BBC 70-210 f4 (not this particular one at the link, but the exact same model which can be purchased on ebay for $130ish).

Sony 55-310 new

The sony would have a bit more reach, but the minolta has a half lower f stop and I keep reading about the awesome color, speed, and bokeh of this lens. And it would be half the price.

I will often be taking these pictures in less than bright daylight, so a faster lens is a big bonus.

I'm totally serious that I will go with the group's recommendations, so opinions from the experienced photographers on this site that have used one or both of these lenses is HUGELY appreciated by this newb!

If I don't get at least 25 votes by Monday night I will keep it open until I hit that mark. THANKS!!

ANSWER:
Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow