What % of Photoshop features do you actually use?

Started May 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brucet
Senior MemberPosts: 1,416
Like?
What % of Photoshop features do you actually use?
May 12, 2013

I have read 1243648962 posts re Adobe's new policy. I understand that 'industry' users will stay with Adobe because it's the industry 'standard'. However that may change if those industries get wary of connecting a computer, any computer, to the net. Government departments especially won't risk being hacked. Even if it's for just a few minutes a month.

Anyway to my question.

Folks here on the DPReviiew forums, and others forums, are up in arms about the possible shift from the 'industry' standard. However in reality how many users actually, really, honestly, NEED Photoshop? How many user would be more than satisfied with an alternative cheaper product? How many users would even use all the power and features of a so called second rate program such as Corel's PSPx5?

Be honest. How many have Photoshop and use all of their investment? How many really need it?

Has Photoshop become a 'status' thing that proves you are a real photographer? Does using anything other than Photoshop make you any less skilled?

All just my humble opinion.

Oh by the way. I'm one of those poor sods who uses anything but Adobe photo editing software. So I guess I'm not a real whatever!

Regards

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ZeroNew
No.New
No?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow