Is it better for me to shoot JPEG as opposed to RAW if I dont do any PP?

Started May 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
paparios
Regular MemberPosts: 428Gear list
Like?
Re: Custom White Balance - Why Not "LEARN" to shoot right the 1st time?
In reply to DSHAPK, May 12, 2013

DSHAPK wrote:

The example you showed is a good one. Recovering detail in blown highlights at the expense of other areas of the picture. I would only use DPP in selected situations on selected pictures.

In the end, most people won't notice the details in the example you provided. Being critiqued on a forum such as this, or by a pro is one thing. Posting the photo on web or printing on a 4 x 6 is another. Most people won't notice the detail.

Unless the picture is going to be sold, hung in a gallery, or used for a specific purpose..raw is not worth the disc space or time; imo.

Just a final word in this subject. Many times some photographers do use some PP to produce some results that they like (results that may be quite different from the actual shot taken ). Some examples follow. Note that I rarely use these tricks, but they show things that require PP.

Miguel

paparios's gear list:paparios's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow