Started May 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Debbie
Contributing MemberPosts: 586
Like?
Why are my printed photos dark and professional photos from my computer are not
May 12, 2013

Please help me figure out what I am missing.

I have not been happy with my printed photos for a while.  I've tried several different labs (MPIX, Bay Photo, Shutterfly, Meridian) with all the same results.  There just seems to be a weird dark cast to all of them.  I shoot in sRGB with both my Nikon D800 and D300.  When I correct and then save there is a box to embed a color profile.  I never check this box (not even when editing the professional photos).

My daughter just had professional engagement photos taken and we bought the rights to them.  They were straight out of the professional's camera (she did not edit them at all) and so I edited them in PSE.  I had some of my own photos from my other daughter's prom that I wanted printed.  I corrected both the professional's photos and my photos using the same programs and nearly same steps.  When looking at both sets of photos on my MAC the colors look good.  My monitor has been calibrated.  I sent them off to MPIX and they came today.  The professionals look beautiful and mine have that dark hew.

I would think if something was getting attached to the photos during editing then it would have attached to both sets.  I can't understand how all photos look good on the monitor but one of the sets look different when printed.  To me it has to be something to do with something being attached to file in camera.  Does that make sense.

Nikon D300 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow