Full Frame Lens Kit

Started May 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
MPA1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,695Gear list
Like?
Re: Full Frame Lens Kit
In reply to Rjansenbr2, May 12, 2013

Rjansenbr2 wrote:

I've been shooting with a Olympus m43, but now that the prices have gone down a bit I´d like to try a full frame camera.

I am thinking of buying a D600 and also trying to decide which would be the best lenses to get with it.

I like to shoot with primes and large apertures. As I will be doing a lot of indoor shots of my newborn baby, I think a 35mm f/2 and a 85 1.8 G would be a nice pair. I also thought of the 50mm 1.8 (or maybe the 1.4) but it may be to close to the 85mm

To complement those, maybe the 28-300 VR, although I find it a bit too expensive... and I am not sure if I will use it that much.

Any thoughts?

From personal experience, the 28-300 is tat and best avoided. I've rarely had the misfortune to own something that so deserved to be sold as scrap. I hated it and sold it very quickly.

Slow aperture, decidedly average IQ and nasty build quality. Also exposed oddly on my D3s bodies - I had to dial in at least -1Ev as a matter of course when I mounted that lens.

The 70-200 f2.8 VR II, plus the 24mm f1.4G.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow