Started May 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
garyknrd
Contributing MemberPosts: 638Gear list
Like?
Focus Peaking
May 12, 2013

I do not own an Olyumpus camera yet!! But I am very interested now that it has focus peaking and IS built in.

A dumb question I know but do I have any metering or a histogram to look at when using focus peaking? Does the peaking work in the view finder of the OM-5? I have read different reports on the OM-5 when using a work around.

How will the focus peaking in the Pen E-5 work with the optional viewfinder? Will I have metering there as well or a histogram.

As you can tell I am a nob when it comes to this. But I have some old lenses I would love to use this feature with if it work's.

I want to use it with a 300 and 500 sigma lens. Does the IS system work without knowing which lens is attached? Is there a place to manually put the lens size in software for IS?

Gary

garyknrd's gear list:garyknrd's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Pentax K-3 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Sigma 500mm F4.5 EX DG HSM +1 more
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow