Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Roger Engelken
Senior MemberPosts: 2,718Gear list
Like?
Re: On putting money into 4:3 gear ...
In reply to Stacey_K, 11 months ago

Stacey_K wrote:

veroman wrote:

The suggestion that this is unwise only holds true for those who believe (as so many do) that the latest is the greatest by the very fact of it being the latest/newest.

If that was the case, I would still be using my 4/3 gear. Unfortunately, even the newer OMD has IQ much better than any 4/3 body.

Last fall I got a D7000 to replace my 4/3 gear and low and behold something "later/greater" has come out. I have no intention on buying a D7100 as the difference isn't enough to see in my use. But the difference between the sensor in a D7000 and any 4/3 body is huge >in my use<. Don't assume anyone who switched from the abandoned 4/3 system did so simply because they saw some new and shiny.

If you shoot in good light and/or can keep the iso settings low, an older 4/3 body works fine. But please don't pretend in the last 5 years there has been no real improvement in sensor technology. I did keep my 4/3 stuff in hopes that they will release something the glass will work on but that has yet to be seen if and what it will be.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

The same could be said about any camera system, or any piece of technology.  All keep advancing as we learn and grow.  Only the negative commentators (and you know who you are) will make a point of criticizing a particular piece of technology (and those that utilize it as well) or line of equipment over and over again.  It really should not be a problem to others if you are not happy with a system, or found something else that meets your needs, but inflicting your unhappiness on others is a waste of time to everyone involved.  Should technological advancement stop one day, perhaps then an older system can be properly bashed, but until that day, anything bought today will have a limited life as leading edge technology.

Roger Engelken's gear list:Roger Engelken's gear list
Olympus TG-830 iHS Olympus E-1 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
+1New
skeys MOD
Say,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow