Started May 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
prad4dpr
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Sony SLT a77 body sometimes does not recognize the lens
May 12, 2013

My Sony a77 sometime does not recognize attached lens. As shown in the video clip (youtube link below) the camera does not recognize the lens and showing F_ _ as though it is attached with the kit 1650 lens. This has happened a couple of times. The camera has latest firmware 1.07.

I have reset the camera, cleaned connections on both the camera body and lens. It is definitely not dirty or bent contact pin problem. Nor is it a battery problem.

This has occurred about ten times with the kit 16-50 lens and one time with Minolta 70-210 lens. Switching on and off does not help.

Sometime pressing lens release helps but sometime it does not. I switch on and off, press lens release button several times and even mount and unmounts lens and then only after a minute or two the camera recognizes the lens. On a few occasion I have missed the opportunity to take photo.

I have never experienced this problem with my old a200, which is still rocking. The camera has been never dropped or abused. Shutter count is about 2,000 and has always between operated in a normal temperature range.

Today the problem resurfaced and I recorded this with my cellphone.

http://youtu.be/eEkOZkcfvYc

Has this problem occurred to anybody else?

Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow