S100 series.. What features do you want to be added in the future for this camera.

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Peter Berglund
Forum MemberPosts: 93Gear list
Like?
Re: S100 series.. What features do you want to be added in the future for this camera.
In reply to harry in harrisburg, May 12, 2013

It's all absolute trade offs.

For me the S series is all about ultra compact, IQ (over other tiny compact cameras) and exposure control with PATM and RAW at a <$400 price. These are the strengths and should be improved further.

If like to see figic 6, a faster lens, even at the expense of the zoom length if necessary. If also like a larger sensor if the engineers can fit one in.

Other camera series have OVF/EVF, flip display and remotes. I'm only interested in these if the main benefits above remain. Battery life? Who cares, bring a couple if extra batteries. GPS or wifi? Feels lame to have to choose, it's 2013 and those are standard features in consumer cameras just as much as wrist strap and flash.

Perhaps I'd like to see even more rapid focusing using the touch interface such as on the EOS SL1, but again only if it doesn't come at the expense of key features including the price.
--
Peter

Peter Berglund's gear list:Peter Berglund's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX210 IS Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS M
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow