Building a PC

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tareq Abdulla
Regular MemberPosts: 259Gear list
Like?
Re: Building a PC
In reply to RedFox88, May 11, 2013

RedFox88 wrote:

You know in years past building your own PC allowed you to get it for a cheaper price.  These days building yourself allows  you to get better components but for a more expensive price.  If you are considering going with the cheaper of your choices, you might as well buy it from a store because that way you'll get a 1 year warranty that you won't have to deal with yourself but the store will do it for you.

There will also be less hassle getting components to work with each other, installing drivers, etc.  FOr the past 12 years I have build my own PC's, but here soon I think I may just buy one from the store for much less hassle and less time.

I completely understand that, and i will tell you that:

1. I didn't use my first build for long long time, just for the first week i didn't face any issue, so i have to give it more time to see if i can find any issues or not.

2. From that very short use of my new PC, i was blown away of performance, so in fact i decided to have another one even for backup, but later on i found out that i need t have another one for kids and maybe my wife could use it for something over her weak laptop, so i don't feel regret if i build another one, and i was also thinking that the second one will be a test machine, i don't want to throw everything and use/test everything on my first build, what made me to buy many laptops and Macs and i have 2 very very old desktops before is that i use them for everything with good or bad files from everywhere [CDs/DVDs, internet, flashes, HDDs,...etc], for that reason i think it is better i have another machine to test and filter files before i use that on my first machine.

Last, i am the only person in the world who has wasting money on building or rigs, i found another site where i see members have 3-4 rigs and i really don't know why then need more than 1 or 2 rigs, and i read most of them are not working in IT/computing/networking things to need more than 2 rigs and not all are extreme gamers, and i saw many also changing parts within time, i had the budget to change from beginning, but i think i found the parts i need after i already did buy without reading searching much about, now i feel fine and i never feel i want to replace again, and i am sure there are things will come out sooner or later to be better options as i heard about Haswell and Maxwill and series 700 and what else?

At the end, it is a matter of need/want and budget, sometimes i go with want more than need, another time i have high budget that i just go and buy buy buy, but i try if i buy something to replace then i don't throw the first item i bought, there are always others who can use my first item i replaced.

Tareq Abdulla's gear list:Tareq Abdulla's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 5D +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
rhit MOD
rhit MOD
rhit MOD
hereNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow