Any Lightroom 4 alternatives that cost less?

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
JudyN
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,835Gear list
Like?
Re: Any Lightroom 4 alternatives that cost less?
In reply to ohcello, May 11, 2013

Lightroom may be the only reasonably priced product in the Adobe lineup.  I think Elements has gotten pretty expensive in recent years.  Lightroom price has gone down.  Last week I would have said I love Lightroom and it's a great bargain.  Now I'll just say it's reasonably priced because personally I've lost a lot of faith in Adobe and worry that they will go rental with Lightroom as well.

AfterShot was Bibble.  I don't have recent experience with Corel but my impressions from past years has been they buy programs and then don't keep up the development -- just kind of rake in the money.  So that's two companies in this genre that are disappointing to me.  Corel now owns Paintshop Pro AND PhotoImpact -- two programs that do the same thing and were both very highly regarded at least before Corel bought them.  I used PhotoImpact for years because it was easier to use than Photoshop and had features of interest to photographers that Photoshop didn't at that time.

-- hide signature --
 JudyN's gear list:JudyN's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow