D7100 vs D600 do you see what I see ?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
GraemeF
Junior MemberPosts: 27Gear list
Like?
Re: D7100 vs D600 do you see what I see ?
In reply to john Clinch, 11 months ago

Having owned the D7100 for a couple of weeks, I can wholeheartedly say I love it. The AF blows the doors off my D7000, image quality is excellent and the new viewfinder is fantastic.

There are a couple of quirks - the Function and Preview buttons are reversed and the ISO/zoom- and QUAL/zoom+ buttons are reversed. The former is a bit of a nuisance - I can't get a finger on it easily in portrait orientation (I use the MB-D15). The latter is actually very logical - if like me you own or have owned a D7000, the ISO button is still second from bottom like the D7000, which means I can easily adjust the ISO in manual mode without taking my eye from the viewfinder.

As far as the FX has shallower depth of field argument, I really don't have an issue with DX. I honestly can't say I've found that I have too much depth of field, although mainly using fast primes probably helps somewhat.

Here are a couple of studio shots from the D7100 with the 50mm f1.4 D and the 85mm f1.8 G:

GraemeF's gear list:GraemeF's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Tamron SP AF 180mm F/3.5 Di LD (IF) Macro Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow