Is it worth upgrading from the epl-1 yet?

Started May 10, 2013 | Questions thread
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,096Gear list
Like?
Re: Get EP-3, got mine for $345 refurbished...
In reply to Gaebryl, May 11, 2013

Gaebryl wrote:

jalywol wrote:

Gaebryl wrote:

ttan98 wrote:

sderdiarian wrote:

ttan98 wrote:

EPL-5 with kit retail price = $700

It's selling for $550 with kit 14-42 on Amazon and B&H, a decent deal.  Or the OP might want to try the E-M2 body-only for $424, a serious upgrade with the E-M5's 16MP sensor, given he already has many lenses.  He'd be giving up the E-PL5's tilt screen, drive mode dial and removable grip, but it keeps the price down to a bargain level with no sacrifice in IQ.

Sailin' Steve

At that price it may come down further or  is it already factored in because of forthcoming release of EPL-6 !!!

Based on the feedback here I am definitely leaning towards the e-PM2 if the only trade offs are tilt screen, drive mode dial, and removable grip. These features are not worth $125 more to me. Is there any other differences I should take into consideration? I appreciate all the feedback from everyone.

By the way, those prices are the Mother's Day special, which ends today, so you probably want to think about buying today unless you want to wait another month for a Father's day special to come round.....or pay the higher prices that they will go back up to tomorrow.   Seems to be the way Oly works things....

Oh, and I bought the EPM2 on this sale myself this week.  Great little camera, and I do prefer how it sits in hand to the EPL5 (but that's just me....YMMV, of course).

-J

Thanks for the heads up on the pricing ending. I just ordered the E-PM2 from Amazon under prime. White w/ kit lens for 424$ and free 2-day shipping. Excited as we are planning to shoot at Bonnaroo, Austin City Limits, Mountain Oasis, and several other shows over the next few months. I appreciate everyone's help.

Congratulations!

By the way, you should pick up a couple of extra batteries.  Aftermarket ones work fine, and are a lot cheaper....and nothing worse than running out of juice when you are out shooting

-J

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NONew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow