D600 oil design problem - latest serial # - is it fixed ?

Started May 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ne beginner
Senior MemberPosts: 2,005Gear list
Like?
Sure, it is the nature of the beast ...
In reply to Steve Bingham, May 11, 2013

... Sensors have to be cleaned off every now and then, more so depending how you use the gear.

From what I have read, some of these arrive new dirty.  That's a QC issue.  Once cleaned, one could reasonably expect to clean their sensor on a D600 at about the same frequency as prior DSLR's.

There is also the awareness of the dust]\oil issue, which may cause more people to be shooting the sky af f22 with their new D600's than would have otherwise had the issue not been so well known.  Same thing happened on the D800 with the left bank AF defect:  lots of people saw ghosts in the closet.

Not saying there are no issues, this is well documented and indisputable.  Just that even non-effected units are I'm sure being labeled defective because people are looking at things they never looked at before.

So apart from defective units and some poor QC, the D600 may also need more frequent cleaning simply as a result of how the shutter box is sealed, which I would imagine could be less well sealed than a D700, D800, or even D300.  Perhaps more in line with a typical consumer grade body, which many have commented that the D600 is.

ne beginner's gear list:ne beginner's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow