blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 7,171Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX-6: focus lock and shutter button
In reply to AllMankind, May 11, 2013

AllMankind wrote:

Crono_DL wrote:

As far as I know, it's not an option.

The NEX cameras are good, hardware wise, but Sony really needs too go back to the drawing board on the firmware.

This is a feature that Sony marketeers solely reserved for the Nex-7. The Nex-7 is the only Nex with a dedicated AFL and AEL button - but the confusion remains in that they made this into a single 'multi-mode' button.

I guess that the marketeers are afraid of not having sufficient differentiation for their flagship model, nad that the customer support line does not want to be overburdened by 'my pictures are not sharp' questions and returns.

I would like to be able to verify AF using DMF and then allow AFL while reframing the image for lighting, subject, trap focus, etc.

MF does the trick - but somehow I never feel assured that MF stays locked between shots, sleep cycles, etc. I keep re-verifying in MF mode, I notice.

Has anyone tried tried the multi-focus app in the Nex-6? I played with it, but the focus delta is somewhat less than I expected - great for layering an image, not so much for capturing a moving subject.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow