D600 oil design problem - latest serial # - is it fixed ?

Started May 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ne beginner
Senior MemberPosts: 2,008Gear list
Like?
Could the lens be introducing the dust?
In reply to ScottRH, May 11, 2013

Just a thought ... I have not paid all that much attention to the D600 oil\dust issue (D800 user), until I recently bought a refurbed D600.  Mine so far is dust and oil free.  Odd in that it has a serial number from last December (303XXXX), but only 6 clicks when arrived last week.  Maybe they changed the shutter? I've been shooting it quit a bit over the last week, and so far it remains spotless inside.

I've been thinking of getting a 24-85 VR, if I can get one on the cheap, as a snap shot walk around lens to go with it.  From what I can gather, these lenses (and the 24-120) suck in air when zooming, and are not sealed very much. There are comments out there about dust and other debris getting inside the 24-85.

Since so many of these lenses were sold and bundled with D600's, I'm wondering if that could be part of what many are seeing?  This may not be so much of an issue with the D800 since it may have better sealing around the shutter.  So perhaps even when the shutter is closed, stuff sucked in by the lens may be able to get inside the D600 shutter box.

I apologize if this has been discussed before.  I have been using only primes on my D600 so far.

ne beginner's gear list:ne beginner's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow