Fuji Xe-1/XPro-1 versus E-P5

Started May 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeff
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,470
Like?
Fuji Xe-1/XPro-1 versus E-P5
May 11, 2013

So I've been thinking about a serious revamp of my kit.  My last body was an E-3 (still have the E-1, E-330) and I've got a bunch of legacy ZD glass (7-14, 11-22, 50, 14-54, 50-200, 150).  I'd like to go smaller and more portable with a few fast prime lenses.  I've got it down to two alternatives --

Sell the whole thing off and start over with the Fuji X system.  The advantages are a somewhat larger sensor and what appears to be a nicely designed system that's getting great reviews from serious photographers.

The other is to pick up the E-P5.  A somewhat smaller sensor, bigger lens lineup, and can make use of some of my current glass.

I really like what I'm seeing from Fuji, and if I didn't have the current investment would probably go in that direction.

Any thoughts?  Would the Fuji X be an upgrade from the E-P5 alternative?  If so, is this the right time to pull the trigger?

EDIT:  To give a better sense of where I'm coming from -- I'm just not interested in a FF dslr alternative. The sensor would be great, and I would be willing to spend the money, but add a few lenses to the kit and it ends up way too heavy for casual outdoor and travel use.  The Sony RX1 and Fuji x100s both look very tempting for about 80% of what I normally like to shoot. But that leaves out an important 20%.

Fujifilm X100S Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-P5 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow