This why people buy Leicas...a responsible company

Started Apr 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Vetteran
Contributing MemberPosts: 824Gear list
Like?
Re: This why people buy Leicas...a responsible company
In reply to Adam Moore, May 11, 2013

That's really unfortunate.  I had a similar experience. It happened to me when I purchased two MPs a few years ago.  The MP camera was touted as the ultimate reliable camera, but both of mine had faulty shutter-meters.  Leica repaired them. but it was a huge disappointment nevertheless.

In fact, now that I think about it, I had issues with my R7 and R8 cameras upon delivery.  Leica repaired them, but ever since I have been reluctant to lay out big $ for a new camera at Leica's current pricing.

I'm sure Leica will make good on your cameras. Your feelings may change once Leica repairs them and you've had a chance to enjoy using them. Once I got my repaired cameras back from Leica, all was well, and the angst and inconvenience disappeared. I agree that this type of thing shouldn't happen with such a high end and expensive camera, especially one where the QA inspector includes a signed certificate attesting to the camera being checked out and working properly.

-- hide signature --

Warm regards and very respectfully,
VETTRAN
My travel blog:www.midlifetravels.com

Vetteran's gear list:Vetteran's gear list
Leica Digilux 2 Leica D-LUX 4 Leica X1 Leica X Vario
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow